Loading Please Wait
Loading Please Wait
Holy Manger Anglican Church was built by the Methodists in 1890. It was purchased by the Cowley Fathers of the Society of St John the Evangelist in 1964. They resided in Bracebridge and had begun their outreach at Lewisham. The church is now a mission church attached to St James Anglican in Gravenhurst. Services are held twice a month in the summer and once a month in winter. The Church features an unusual altar in the shape of a manger and stained-glass windows.
Holy Manger Church is a one storey, rectangular plan, wood frame construction with a steep pitch gable roof, clapboard siding, flat-headed windows with lug sills on the east and west elevations, and a red brick chimney on the south elevation. There is a small, gabled projecting bay on the south elevation with overhanging eaves, exposed beams, clapboard siding, a single door central entrance with sidelights, and small, paried arched windows on the east and west elevations. The structure is surrounded by mature deciduous and coniferous trees and there is a stone base with a hip roof supported by square posts in front of the church.
Holy Manger Anglican Church was Listed under provisions of Part IV of the Ontario Heritage Act in 2018.